Another month has come and gone - too quickly, I might add! But the weather here has been great, so I guess it really doesn't matter what the calendar says. I was out giving the flower beds a final once over before they sleep for the winter. I like to make sure there aren't any weeds that will go to seed and cause me extra work in the spring. Needed a little rest, though, and the gnats were starting to bite like crazy so decided to come in and post my 'Tim Tag'.
I had some puddles of stain left on my craft mat from my birch tree painting. Rather than just wipe them up (such a waste), I decided to ink up a few tags and some seam binding. I chose one of these as the base for this month's tag. All I had to do to get it ready, was distress the edge and rub some Vintage Photo around the outside edges.
My granddaughter and I picked up the most beautiful acorns a couple of weeks ago. I set them outside to dry and today I noticed the squirrel has been hauling them away and burying them. He is a very busy squirrel.
This is how my leaves looked before I applied the glue and glitter. They were so pretty I hated to cover them up. Once I had the glitter on and it was dry, I went back over the leaves with some Barn Door Distress Stain to give them more autumn color.
I decided to add falling leaves on the background with a simple oak leaf stamp and some Pumice Stone Distress Stain.
The little tag I created using some manilla card stock and Tim Holtz and Papertree Ink stamps. I inked the edges and attached it and some ribbon to the bottom of the tag with tiny attachers. The leaves and acorns were attached using some dimensional Zots. I took the ribbon I had stained earlier and spritzed it with some Glimmer Mists to bring in the teal and red from the background. I tied it on and called it done.
A little footnote: Previously on my blog I mentioned labeling all of my Distress Stains with print and cut stickers made with my Silhouette. The labels were white with printed names but I couldn't see the actual color. While I was working on this project, I decided to blend a little of the color on the label so that I could see and choose my colors more easily. I think this will work great and it makes the stacks look 'oh so pretty'. These are the colors I used for this project.
Hope you are having a great fall and, as always, thanks for stopping!